Sunday 19 April 2015

An introduction

Hello everyone.. and a big welcome to my blog page :)

So first of all I'd just like to tell you a little bit about me and what inspired me to start this - I hope you enjoy reading it and do remember to be kind because this is my first ever blog.. and i'm a little bit scared..

Ok about me.. well I'm 30 years old and I live in a little apartment in Wallsend (Newcastle) with my husband (6 years in July eeek!), my beautiful, tiny but very loud almost 3 year old girl and my hairless Chinese Crested doggy, Hugo...

This is us watching Peppa Pig and the Golden Boots at the pictures :)


I'm not ashamed to say that since becoming a mammy my life has changed so much and absolutely for the better. While I have virtually no social life of my own, her calendar is always full!! My life absolutely revolves around this small child - she is my reason for getting up in the morning (just way too early for my liking), my inspiration for everything I do and I am a very proud (maybe sometimes pushy) mother..

When I became a mother, I swapped nights out for days out.. instead of shopping on Saturdays we have ballet class, soft play parties and princess events.. I swapped late night online clothes shopping for late night online baby research - recipes, activities, crafts, parenting tips.. you name it I've googled it! I dived head first into motherhood and tried to do everything by the book - baby classes, cooking baby food from scratch, planning the perfect birthday parties - but at the end of the day we can all put pressure on ourselves to be "the perfect mother", all that really matters is having fun and celebrating them being little while it lasts..

                                                    The simple things - lots of laughs on the slide

This is where Looking for Rainbows comes in.. I want a place to share all of the fun things I have found on my many hours spent trawling through Pinterest, Facebook, Google, etc and I want to document all of the activities me and my little miss have done together.. We hope to inspire you to embrace creativity, encourage imagination and most of all find fun in every day.. keep looking for rainbows <3

My next blog will be all about our recent adventures in our new little garden - we aren't lucky enough to have a garden and after finding out there is a 3 year (!!!) waiting list for an allotment in our area, my lovely generous Father-in-law has loaned us a little patch at the bottom of his garden.

                                        Relaxing in her new garden after a hard days work!

Little miss starts a brand new class next week - Decote Diggers - a brilliant new idea from two local ladies, where children learn all about gardening in a fun environment.. We are hoping to practice what we learn in class in our new garden patch and look forward to reviewing the class next week - hope to see you then :) Thanks so much for reading xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment